Paperboat Media | Rhinoplasty Experts
Paperboat has vetted and built relationships with numerous plastic surgeons in Miami so you don’t have to do the research on who is the best. If you are interested in being put in touch with the best plastic surgeon to enhance your beauty and help transform you into a more beautiful, younger you contact us today at 407-680-2400 or fill out the form on the right and someone will be in touch with you shortly.
More About Miami Rhinoplasty
What is Rhinoplasty:
When people consider nose surgery, it is because they are unhappy with the size, shape and/or function of their nose. Nose surgery or rhinoplasty is the name of the procedure used to reshape a person’s nose so that it is the size and shape that they are looking for.
Why you want rhinoplasty:
Improved appearance: Rhinoplasty or nose surgery means changes in micro millimeters, but it can radically change the appearance of your face. If you are unhappy with your nose because it is too large, too small, or misshapen because of an accident or birth, nose surgery can change your look in a way that creates balance and a more pleasing aesthetic.
Improved function: While your nose may be functioning perfectly, many patients who are looking for nose surgery are experiencing difficulties with breathing, allergies or vertigo: problems that could be caused or aggravated by malformations within the nose.
What you want:
A nose that looks natural. It’s your nose. It needs to look as if it belongs naturally on your face. It needs to be uniquely, and perfectly,you.
A nose that fits your face. It would be great if we all got one at birth, but that just doesn’t happen. Dad’s nose may look great on dad, but be way too much nose for your face.
You’d like to have a nose that looks terrific with the rest of your features.
A nose that is pretty. Beauty is definitely subjective. You can make sure that your doctor understands what is pretty by looking at example of before and after photos, and finding noses that you like. Dialogue with your surgeon is the best way to make sure that you agree on the subject!
A nose that looks like you. Remember Jennifer Gray? When she changed her nose, no one recognized her any more. You still want to look like you. A good surgeon will understand that.
What you can expect in your Initial Consultation:
If you are considering this procedure, please schedule a consultation. You can expect your initial exam and consultation to take anhour or more. In your consultation, a doctor will usually:
- Listen to what you’d like to achieve with your surgery
- Perform a thorough examination
- Tell you exactly what he recommends and why
- Make sure that any questions you have about insurance and financing are completely answered
As part of the process, a doctor will give you the opportunity to thoroughly examine photographs of his patients, looking at his earlier work, so that you can see for yourself what to expect if he performs your rhinoplasty. He will discuss with you precisely how your facial features work together, and how things such as the distance between your eyes, the size of your lips and the size and shape of your chin all effect the results that you can expect from your surgery. It is important that you and your doctor agree on the aesthetics and mechanics of your surgery in order to obtain the results that you want.
It is difficult for a doctor to tell you Exactly what you look like. However a good doctor will sculpt your nose, trying to avoid these 5 common things.
- A nose with a pinpoint tip. This nose is called a “Woody Woodpecker” nose, and it is a sign of an overzealous surgeon. When a full, flat or round tip is corrected too much, it can narrow down to a pointy tip that looks, well, unnatural
- A nose with a “ski slope” scoop. Often with a nose job less is more. If you have a hump on the bridge of your nose, too often an inexperienced or careless surgeon will remove not just the hump. The result is a nose with a scooped bridge. This type of nose also looks unnatural, particularly on a man
- A nose that is over-rotated. If you have started with a nose that droops down at the tip, you’ll want it corrected so that it is straight. But if you go to a surgeon who isn’t careful, you can wind up with a nose that is over-rotated, with nostrils pushed upward at an angle that is unnatural.
- 4) A super narrow nose. Maybe you’ve seen someone with this nose job: their nose looks impossibly thin and fragile. Too much has been removed. The nose looks unnatural – and it may take corrective surgery to help you breathe.
- A nose with collapsed nostrils. If your nose looks tiny and perfect right after your surgery, that can be a red flag. The swelling in your nose will take over a year to completely subside. This means that if your nose is really small right after surgery, it will probably be too small after a year or two. And if the nasal support has not been rebuilt or left intact, your nostrils could collapse. It won’t just look unnatural. It will also make it extremely difficult for you to breathe.
Your rhinoplasty surgery is an out-patient procedure, but that doesn’t mean that it is minor surgery, or that it will be brief. After your consultation and examination with your surgeon, he or she will be able to estimate for you the length of time that you can expect your procedure to take. When it is done correctly, rhinoplasty is exacting, artistic work that requires careful attention to the tiniest of details.
For the best possible results, expect that your surgery will be performed while you are under a general anesthetic.
What you can expect after surgery:
Same day. You’ll need someone to drive you home and help you for the first 24 hours after your surgery. The surgery is usually very well tolerated, and while pain medication is available, most patients find that they don’t need it. There will be swelling, and from no bruising to mild bruising. You will have a splint, and some packing.
One week. The splint will come off, and you can go back to work. There will still be some swelling.
Six weeks. You’ll look great. Only you will know that you are still swollen. But you still have a long way to go to reach your final goal. Says
18 months. The swelling is completely gone, and your nose has stably reached its final size and shape. You look great!